Working with you, not just for you.
I appeared for my first hearing less than a week after I became licensed, and quickly realized that I love the courtroom. However, most of my efforts are put into writing, where I have discovered that my philosophy background is a valuable asset. “Creative legal solutions”—our motto—means that we focus on the client’s desires and how to effectively and efficiently achieve those goals. Potential clients frequently come to me asking that I fulfill a specific task. Often, though, the client’s request is not their true desire, but rather what that client believes to be the only means to achieve their goal. I pride myself on taking the time to discover the true desire and explore all options to accomplish it, and I often find a more direct, efficient, and cost-effective means to do so.
Most people only call an attorney when they are on the verge of a lawsuit, or are already embroiled in one. In these situations, my options are limited.Those situations are not completely unavoidable, of course, and I, like my partners, relish a good battle. Whenever possible, I try to emphasize the value of avoiding the problem in the first place and staying out of court.
Within the legal field, my passions include working with small businesses on all their challenges and representing employees in disputes with their employers. I also practice in the family law arena, with an emphasis in child support modifications.
When I am not working, I am often outdoors golfing, watching a Twins game, kayaking, camping, or fly fishing. My wife and I love working in our garden and spoiling our two dogs, Olive and Molly.
- Owner, Snyder, Gislason, Frasier LLC, May 2010–Present
- Associate, Bock & Battina, LLP, March 2007–April 2010
- Law Clerk, Court of Common Pleas, Judge Rayford A. Means, Philadelphia, PA, May 2005–July 2005
- University of Minnesota Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2007
- Dean’s list
- Rutgers University School of Law, Camden, NJ, 2005
- Finished in top quartile before transferring to University of Minnesota
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Philosophy major
- 3-year member of St. Olaf Band
- Junior Counselor
- U.S. District Court–District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Arts & Entertainment Law Section of the MSBA
- Solo Small Firm Section of the MSBA
- Contributing Author, Advising Minnesota Corporations and Other Business Organizations (1st ed. 2010)
- Tubman Volunteer Attorney, 2009–Present